Ability to use picklist to pick items not already picked

I'm working on a family shopping list and want to make it easy for family members to add things to a shared List (Table) from a collection of Items (Table) that are not already in List. Can I do this? It looks like picklists always show every element from the source table?

When formatting a column as a pick list, There’s an option to use a filter formula instead of a table.

So... if picking an item from the shopping list toggles a Boolean in the table, you can have the drop down filter the table by that column.

@AndrewB Thank you, I figured that out. How do I make sure that when I add an item to a list, the picklist shows the next item after the one I just picked (the original item is no longer in the updated Filter so I just get #VALUE! in the picklist instead).

I’m not sure, I think the getrow() function might do that, but I haven’t tried it.

Hi @IanE-0520 thanks for the question! Yes, you can. Let's take a simple example with two tables:

Table Items looks like so:

Item
Apples
Bananas
Oranges
Watermelons
Mangoes

The Shopping_List Table looks like below, where Item column is a rowlink to the Items table and Added By column is a contact column:

Item Added By Quantity
Bananas :arrow_down_small: (JS) Jorge Souza :arrow_down_small: 2
Mangoes :arrow_down_small: (LJ) Li Juan :arrow_down_small: 3

Then a filter =Filter(Items, "NOT(Items IN ShoppingList[Item])") will return

Item
Apples
Oranges
Watermelons

You can use the above filter to build a picklist with source set as filter instead of table. Hope this solves your use case!