Access to Phone Calendar for notification

How to send calendar notification on the mobile? Building a small portfolio application which will keep sending renewal notification to users, Calendar could be the central point where all notifications are gathered from different applications.

Hi @Dine-733a, thanks for your post!

You are able to send email and in-app notifications and reminders from Honeycode with automations. You can check out this link to see how to achieve this: Notifications & Reminders.

This link demonstrates how you can do so by triggering a notification or reminder based on a date and time reached.

As of now, Honeycode notifications do not include calendar invites to add to your mobile calendar, but I will pass this on to our team as a feature request to evaluate for future Honeycode updates.

I hope this info helps. :slight_smile: :honeybee:

1 Like

Hi Alyssa,

I am successfully able to send notification using automation tool, which goes to respective email accounts. Wonderful tool, I am looking at conditional send after validating certain cell value to particular stored email account. I will be trying that code on this weekend.

Regards

Hi @Dine-733a,

That's great, I'm glad to hear that you're trying out the email notifications with the automation tool. :slight_smile:

After you explore it more this weekend, feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or thoughts around it.

Hi Alyssa,

I am able to pickup the email address to whom I need to send the notification based on criteria defined in the condition "=INDEXROW(FILTER(family, "family[nomination]=%", "yes"), 1) "
This is kind of emergency service notification. The person may not be Honeycode member. The variable in table will pickup the email address stored in table and send appropriate message to that member ? Can this be done ?
If the mandatory requirement is to have member, then using forms / apps I can add members to workbook?

Regards

Hi @Dine-733a,

In order to send the email notifications, the email recipient will need to be a contact in your team. The variable should be the Contact format as well, rather than an email string.

You can add team members through the Teams Page in the left-hand panel of Honeycode. (To answer your question, you won't be able to add team members via a form or app instead).

Here's a link for reference on how to add team members: How to Add Team Members. :honeybee:

Thanks Alyssa,
I am building app, where I want to restrict access to user or application owner to use the Honeycode UI. I want them to use the mobile application UI to manage membership and automation scripts etc. Can this is looked as Feature-Request ?

Regards

Hi @Dine-733a,

Got it -

I understand what you'd like to do, and I can see how that would be useful.

Yes, I'm happy to pass along your thoughts to the team as a feature request. (To be able to manage Teams and other functions in the left-hand panel of the web version Honeycode in the mobile app as well).

Let us know if you think of anything else that you would like to see in Honeycode. :slight_smile:

Hi Alyssa,

Lot of things I would like to see in Honeycode, AWS has provided me a platform to explore which i was waiting. Learn and start building the application. (Tried few like of Openasapp)
I am trying to build application for group of 7-8 people (Family), application is currently developed using VBA code and base is excel.
Some of the control i would like to manage using System settings / preferences / utility , like adding user, creating automation for particular module,creating reports, emailing content etc etc , lot of features.

Can you share any feature roadmap, so we programmers can plan accordingly ?

Thanks once again for fantastic tool.

Regards

Hi @Dine-733a,

That's great, I'm happy you are learning and exploring what Honeycode can do, and are also identifying more of what would be helpful to have in the product. :slight_smile: :honeybee:

I've passed on your feedback in this thread to our team.

As more ideas come to you, feel free to add them to our Suggestions on the forum. Part of what helps us weigh what to add next in upcoming features are upvotes / likes and seeing how many others also request the feature.

In terms of a roadmap, we do not have one publicly available to share, however when we do have any major updates around what's new in Honeycode, we plan to add it to our Announcements.