Adding Subtotals to a List

Is it possible to subtotal a list so that sum varies if the list is filtered?

For example: I have a dashboard that displays a list of users and various measures of success (number of onboarding meetings completed, number of dispatches, number of I9s processed, etc.) I would like to have a subtotal of each of these items reflected below the list. I've had a more recent request to be able to filter the list of users by their supervisor and provide a subtotals after the filter has been selected.

The source for the table is a user list that includes user name a respective supervisor. The columns are then represented with formulas like:
=ROWS(FILTER(Candidates,"Candidates[OB Complete User]=$[User Column Data] AND Candidates[Meeting Date]>=$[Date1] AND Candidates[Meeting Date]<=$[Date]"))
Where date ranges are variable based on selection within the app.

If a I attempt to sum or subtotal references/data cells within the list I receive an error that the formula references a deleted cell or column. If I use the same formula (i.e. =SUBTOTAL(9, $[DataCell6])) within the list, it works only on a singular basis.

Help...

Hi @hpollard,

Thank you for your post, it's nice to hear from you again!

You can specify what column you want to add by adding the column name into the formula below:

=ROWS(FILTER(Candidates,"Candidates[OB Complete User]=$[User Column Data] AND Candidates[Meeting Date]>=$[Date1] AND Candidates[Meeting Date]<=$[Date]"))[I9 Processed]

Then you can add the SUM function to get the total:

=Sum(ROWS(FILTER(Candidates,"Candidates[OB Complete User]=$[User Column Data] AND Candidates[Meeting Date]>=$[Date1] AND Candidates[Meeting Date]<=$[Date]"))[I9 Processed])

I hope this helps! We are also hosting office hours, so if you would like to review this together in more detail, you can sign up here.

Thank you!
Evelyn

Thanks Evelyn, I'm still having an issue with the reference back to the $[User Column Data] outside of the table list. I booked time Thursday to discuss.

Hi @hpollard,

I'm sorry it hear that, but also looking forward to meeting with you!

Please feel free to email us in the meantime if you think of any additional questions or topics you would like to discuss.

Thank you,
Evelyn