App Wizard does not add edit form?

Hi,

When using the app wizard on a simple table, the wizard does not add an "edit" form or button. It seems to only create a screen for viewing all items, a screen with a form for adding new items, and a button to delete items when viewing an item.

How do we create an "edit button" with an action that takes us to a screen to edit an item?

Hi @Math-727d, thanks for your post!

You can make specific fields in your app editable through the app builder.

To do this: In the app builder, select the screen that you would like to have the editable fields in. Then click on the desired fields (data cells), and in the right-hand Properties panel > click the "Editable" checkbox.

Now when you view that screen in the app, you can edit the value in those fields.

Let me know if that helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Math-727d,

I wanted to follow up and add to this. The solution I prior provided is a way to achieve this after the app has been created, but there is also a way to make specific fields editable in the wizard itself.

After you create screens in the App Wizard, on the details screen, you are able to make certain fields editable by clicking on the pencil icon.

You can check out this article that speaks to this and other tips for building with the App Wizard: Step-by-Step Building with App Wizard.

Hope that helps further, and let us know if you have any other questions. :slight_smile: :honeybee:

1 Like

Thank you! missed that, will test later.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.