Auto-update picklists if a user enters a new item

• What's your feature request?Auto-update picklists if a user enters a new item

• What’s the problem that you’re looking to solve?I'm building a personal CRM-type app.
    I use Picklists with Rowlinks to tables with common values, such as cities, interests, countries, etc.
    I don't know in advance all the potential items that users may enter and would like an easy way to update the picklist/associated row automatically whenever the user enters a new value into the input field.
    I know that as a workaround, I can add an "Add" button and build a screen/form for adding a new item, then let the user choose from the picklist after entering the new item. However, this is cumbersome for the user and I would prefer if Honeycode could auto-detect that a user has typed in a new value, then generate a new row in the rowlink'ed table automatically, so that it shows up in future uses of the same picklist.

• How are you/is your team currently blocked?Not a blocker, but it would make the user experience a lot easier for my and probably many other builders' apps.
    This is a feature that is very common in mobile and web apps and that users have come to expect, too.

Thanks!

Constantin

Hello and welcome to our community, @Cons-d060! It's great to understand what your use case is, and how this functionality would improve your experience with Honeycode.

We'll share this with the team via a feature request. Please let us know how else we can help :honeybee:

Hi @Cons-d060, this is a great idea, thanks for sharing. As Taylor had mentioned we've passed this onto our product team for further evaluation.

In the meantime, besides the add button you had mentioned, there is a slightly different approach to this. Please check this article out: Explorer Series | Enable Users to Add Picklist Dropdown Menu Options.

Granted it's still not exactly what you had described (your proposed way is certainly the most optimal), it does remove some of the added friction of a brand new screen. Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.