Automation overwrite cell with Picklist Item?

Good morning,

I have an automation that currently as part of it's flow will overwrite data in a column with data I have specified in the "Take Data From" field. This is causing an issue since this column is a picklist and the automation is just writing the data as a string and not as a picklist selection.

Is there a formula/method to have that "overwrite data" part of the automation actually pick an item from the picklist? Or is there a way to do validation on the column to make sure they're specified as picklist items (represented in blue text, not just normal black text)?

Thanks much!

Hi @BradArtman :slightly_smiling_face:

Great question to ask here, since I can see others run into this as well.

As you noted, if an automation only writes a string, it will not write the intended row or rowlink. Instead, to write the row that would be selected from a picklist, you would use FINDROW() to specify that row.

For example, if you had a table of statuses, and you wanted to write the row from that table, the formula would look like =FINDROW(StatusTable,"StatusTable[Status]=%","Open") rather than just the string "Open".

Hope that gives some clarity! :honeybee: :honey_pot:

2 Likes

This worked like a charm! Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.