Automation to run on row update

• What’s your feature request? “Automation to run on row update”

• What’s the problem that you’re looking to solve? “I want to add a row to an Audit_Trail table every time someone edits a client's information in the Clients table. I can create an automation to add an audit trail entry to another table when someone adds a new client, thus adding a new row but I cannot do the same automation when someone modifies an existing row, unless I create N number of automations where N is the number of columns in my Clients table.”

• How are you/is your team currently blocked? “It's not blocking per-se because we've worked around this by adding an automation to the Submit button on the Edit Client page, that adds a new row to Audit_Trail when any edit is made.”

Hi @Andras, thanks for sharing your feature request. While we allow automations to be setup on column updates, we can understand that it would be helpful to have the same ability for rows. We’ll get this over to the Product team for consideration :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Taylor thank you for your reply. Specific rows might be an interesting use-case too but I would like to have triggers for entire table updates, same way how you can have triggers for new rows or deletes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.