Automation

Ability to call another AWS (or RESTful) service and/or Web Hooks would greatly extend the flexibility of this tool. For example, call a Lambda function and you've increased capabilities by 10x. I know Honeycode is geared toward simple apps and spreadsheets but it could serve as a powerful UI/frontend if you enabled some common external methods.

4 Likes

I cannot speak for the Honeycode team but I have a hunch this is coming. Try to imagine event hooks in Honeycode NEVER being able to call a Lambda service. :wink:

Hello @Mich-ab29 @Bill.French,

Great suggestions on the ability to call an AWS service and/or Web Hooks! We appreciate you sharing feedback with us. Apart from the Lambda function, would you be able to share some more examples of what you would like these integrations to support?

In the meantime, we'll submit a feature request for the team to consider in a future update.

1 Like

RESTful services such as any app integrated with Zapier (e.g Salesforce, Box/Dropbox, etc) and any AWS web service especially App Integration (SNS, Appflow) and some ML (Polly, Lex, Comprehend, Transcribe, Textract). More direct Kendra integration for Search would be a plus.

1 Like

Well, if you support webhooks based on events, vastly all of the Interweb becomes possible for integration recipes and listing them all would be almost as large as the Interwebs. :wink:

As integrationists - I think that's a word - the key approach to consider when crafting support for data interchange is to consider the most agile abstraction layer imaginable. This gives you the biggest bang for your code investment. Webhooks is a good one to support and needs no use case justification because it makes almost anything possible and without it, automation must use a polling architecture which is bad for everyone.

What each of us may like to use webhooks for will come in due time; explaining this in advance of supporting webhooks is irrelevant. Suffice it to say that what I personally like to do with webhooks is to move data quickly when it changes.

In my view, no one should build any information service without the ability to convey data as it changes. This is a fundamental tenet of the API economy and without it, we have little hope of creating truly efficient and practical automation.

@Mich-ab29 and @Bill.French, great discussion here, and Bill's quote "This is a fundamental tenet of the API economy and without it, we have little hope of creating truly efficient and practical automation" resonates with me as well. Rest assured, we are seeing and hearing from you all the need for further integrations with external services, APIs, and more. Please keep the ideas flowing in...

1 Like

Hey yeah just wanted to add to this. Absolutely key - we're looking to rebuild our back end that so far utilises Airtable and Zapier. We'd need the ability to make custom HTTP requests as an action step inside automations, with easily configurable headers and body etc.

We're keen to get started on this as we're already exceeding the record limits on airtable and the platform is slowing down a lot for us. Any idea when this functionality will start to get rolled out?

Thanks

Just jumping in for a +1 on this subject. Webhooks would greatly enhance the service.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi folks, we'd love to gather more information from each of you on external integrations. Please take a moment to visit External Integrations - Share your feedback! and provide details around your use case. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Mich-ab29 @Bill.French @Owen-a10b @mattb

We're excited to announce integrations with Zapier and Amazon AppFlow, allowing you to connect your existing workflows and data sources with your Honeycode apps, plus new Honeycode APIs. For more details check out our Release Notes - December 2, 2020 :grinning:

Happy building! :hammer_and_wrench: