AWS Platform Integration

A current use-case is reference data management, we store data in S3 and have the potential to federate to systems. It would be ideal to be able use HoneyCode to maintain a simple UI with workflows for approval that is based off an S3 bucket, I expect you are using S3 behind the scenes..

-- Are we able to link to a file in S3 ?
-- Is a mobile App the only way to publish a UI ?
-- How much integration is there to the AWS services ?
-- What is the best documentation to follow ?

1 Like

Hi @Jona-1fd7, welcome to the community! Great questions you have, and I've responded inline below.

-- Are we able to link to a file in S3 ?
Yes, you can include links to S3 files in table cells. The user of your app that clicked/tapped on the link to the S3 bucket/file would need to have the necessary permissions and connectivity to access it, though.

-- Is a mobile App the only way to publish a UI ?
The UI can be accessed via web or mobile

-- How much integration is there to the AWS services ?
Today Honeycode offers an API to read and write data. This gives you the ability to integrate with external services.

-- What is the best documentation to follow ?
For APIs, the same link as previous response. Getting Started with Honeycode APIs. For general getting started Honeycode docs, https://honeycodecommunity.aws/c/get-started/9.

Hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any additional questions!

1 Like

Hi

Thanks AJ, I think I am going to have to wait for Honeycode to evolve out of Beta and move to other regions. If my S3 bucket has to be public then this is a show stopper.

Cheers
JK

Hi @Jona-1fd7, I just wanted to make a point of clarification in my S3 statement above. The S3 bucket/file would not necessarily have to be public, however, the user of your app that clicked/tapped on the link to the S3 bucket/file would need to have the necessary permissions and connectivity to access it. Let me know if you have any additional questions on this.

And just as a note, I updated my original response to reflect this new language as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Jona-1fd7, we'd love to gather more information from you on external integrations. Please take a moment to visit External Integrations - Share your feedback! and provide details around your use case. Thanks!

Hi @Jona-1fd7, we're excited to announce integrations with Zapier and Amazon AppFlow, allowing you to connect your existing workflows and data sources with your Honeycode apps, plus new Honeycode APIs.

In case you missed it, more details can be found here! Release Notes - December 2, 2020