Can Honeycode trigger external anything?

Since I got no answer so far, I radically changed my post:

I'm looking to have Honeycode events trigger an action in another AWS service without having to constantly poll Honeycode via its API. Does Honeycode interact with any external service other than email (CloudWatch logs, etc.)? Thank you in advance.

Hey @joeb-f1e9 -

Welcome to Honeycode! I believe that this is all possible using the API.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the API requires an external program to run. I want Honeycode itself to communicate with the outside world when an action or event occurs.

Example: If this cell is changed to "1", trigger an AWS Lambda, or log it in AWS CloudWatch.

Hmm, I'm not really familiar enough with that side of things to answer the question, but I believe that is all handled through the API. I haven't tried it so I don't know for sure. I do know that there isn't a native way to do that in Honeycode alone. Best of luck figuring it out!

Thanks for the reply. After reading through the "requested feature" forum, it seems this is a popular request, meaning, it doesn't exist yet. Email seems to be the only way Honeycode communicates with the outside world for now (without using the API, that is).

The API commands won't help me because I have no external machine from which to call them, and I didn't want to have an AWS service to poll Honeycode via API commands every single minute of every single day.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community, @joeb-f1e9, and thanks for your help @Jared :smiley:

We're currently sourcing feedback from our customers about the different external integrations they're interested in. It would be helpful for us to understand your use case better in order for us to prioritize the requests.

When you have a moment @joeb-f1e9, provide more details around your feedback on our External Integrations - Share your feedback! for the team to review :honeybee:

1 Like

My use-case is nothing special and I see others there have already mentioned the ability to have Honeycode interface with other AWS services, so... Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know, @joeb-f1e9! Do share if there's something else you'd like for your use case(s) :honeybee:

Hi @joeb-f1e9 and @Jared we launched web-hook based integration yesterday that solves this use case. Using this capability, you can create a web-hook block in any of your table or app automations to trigger external web-hooks. Check out Integrate Data with Zapier and Amazon AppFlow for more information. Let us know if you have any follow-up questions!

3 Likes