Can we access a cell's filter formula results via the Honeycode API?

I have a table setup where one of the columns has a filter formula. In the Honeycode UI, each cell in this column has a filter icon and the number of results returned by the filter formula. Clicking on the cell opens a 'filtered view" where I can see the rows associated with the filter. So far, so good.

When I access this table via the Honeycode API, cells within the column with the filter formula only have the number of filtered records. This is true for both the formattedValue and the rawValue.

My hope was that these cells would be of format "ROWSET", and that I would be able to programmatically access the associated filter results for each cell. (see ROWSET reference in 'queryTableRows' documentation here: Class: AWS.Honeycode — AWS SDK for JavaScript)

My question is twofold:

1. Is there a way to do what I am describing above? Am I just missing something obvious?
  2. How can a cell of format ROWSET be created in the Honeycode UI?

Screenshot 2022-03-21 115710

Hi @Rawle, welcome to the community! :smiley: :honeybee:

Thanks for your question here, I'm happy to help.

As of now, Honeycode APIs do not support returning data in filtered rows (I've passed on this ask to our team), however you can display filtered rows in the UI by applying a FILTER formula in the properties of a list object. Here's where you would apply your formula to display particular rows:

Or you can use a FINDROW() formula to point to the particular filtered column in your table. In your case, your formula may look something like:
=FINDROW(Table1, "Table1[Column1]=%", "Value")[trims]

Hope those two solutions help :slight_smile: Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks @Alyssa. I have a workaround using the API, but it would be nice to directly access those filtered rows via the API without extra steps. Appreciate you passing the feature request on to the team.