Change Editable Status of Data cell

Hi, I'm wondering if it is possible to change the editable status of a data cell based on a condition or automation.

For example, I would like to have the editable status of a data cell be different based on what group the user belongs to $[SYS_USER_GROUPS]. For example, my "manager group" should be able to edit a data cell, whereas my "employee group" can only view a data cell.

Is there a way to do this, or an alternative workaround?

Additionally, is there a way to toggle the ability to edit a data cell through an automation or button click? For example, I have a take ownership button a user clicks to allow them to edit the data cells after they review the screen.

Thanks

Hi @Matt-1edd :slight_smile: :honeybee:

Yes, you can set up two different fields (one which is editable and the other not editable), and set the visibility according to the group. This is how it would look:

Here's a content box with the editable field set to only be visible to the user if they are in the manager group:

=FILTER($[SYS_USER_GROUPS], "$[SYS_USER_GROUPS][Name] = %", "Manager Group")>0

And here's the view only content set visible to the user if they are in the employee group:

=FILTER($[SYS_USER_GROUPS], "$[SYS_USER_GROUPS][Name] = %", "Employee Group")>0

If you wish to have a button to switch between an editable or non-editable field, you'd create the two fields (editable and non-editable) and set the visibility of the fields accordingly to a screen variable that stores true or false. This is how that would look:

Here's a screen variable that is set initially to FALSE for editing the content:

The content visibility is then assigned to that variable accordingly:

And the buttons can update the screen variable accordingly:

Hope these examples help! :slight_smile: Let us know if you have any other questions. :honey_pot:

Thanks again @Alyssa!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.