Create an Email Template using forms

• What’s your feature request? Use the 'form' object to create a template which can be copy pasted into an email
  • What’s the problem that you’re looking to solve? My team are currently using an cumbersome excel document to record details of their queries before sending them through to the appropriate department for resolution. They currently fill out a template in an excel spreadsheet then copy it into an email before sending it to the appropriate department.

I would like to get rid of the excel document and use an easy to navigate app instead where they can fill out a form which is then emailed to the department directly. When clicking done, I would like the app to give them their form in a way they can copy paste into an email or better yet generate an email with the answers already in there.

• How are you/is your team currently blocked? Once the form is filled out nothing really happens with the data except adding it to the table, but this does not currently help me as I need the data from to be sent via email.

@anon51328797, have you tried using an automation to generate an email? Based on your use case, I can imagine a user filling out a form on the app, and then using an automation to send an email to themselves. Then, they could copy/paste that email content to others. There are limited styling options in Honeycode emails, but it's possible to move simple text like this.

Hi @AndrewB, That is a good suggestion. I can send an email but I dont know how to Add the content the user just entered into the form into the message content. Do you have any suggestions?

if you add an email step to the same automation, you then send an email. In the content area of the email you can press “=“ to start entering a formula that will reference data from your sheets.

@AndrewB that worked perfectly. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @anon51328797, welcome to the community! :honeybee:

And thank you for your suggestion. :slight_smile:

I'll pass on your feedback to the team as a request for email templates, and perhaps an easier user flow to add desired data into a notification email.

As @AndrewB noted, for now you can use = to write formulas to reference data in your email body as a solution. (Thanks for chiming in, AndrewB!)

Let us know if you think of anything else you'd like to see in Honeycode. :honeybee:

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.