Data Modelling and Validation: Table Column Width

Good morning,

How do we limit Table column width in Table or limit column width on the App? So that we can have a structured data.

Any help is highly appreciated?

Hi @San,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the community! :honeybee:

In Builder, you can adjust the size of each content box and data cell that has column data, and you can also specify which columns will display in a list (which could limit which data displays on the screen).

However, I'm not quite sure if that's what you're asking. If you're inquiring about something else, could you clarify what you may be referring to? Perhaps with screenshots. Also, please provide any other details in what you're trying to achieve.

Thank You! for quick response.

My request was very simple. Let us say "Task Title column" I only want allow users to enter max of Char's . Is that possible in Honeycode?

Hi @San,

Got it, thanks for that clarity!

You can achieve what you're asking by using either the LEFT() or LEN() functions. I can show you examples of both.

You can use the LEFT() function to return only a certain number of characters of an input. To demonstrate this, I created a table with a column with the formula LEFT([Column1], 10), which will only return the first 10 characters entered in column 1:

LEFT() can be used in an app as well, say on a button automation to only write the first specified amount of characters.

For another example, you can use LEN(), which returns the number of characters of a string, to add data validation that ensures that an input field only accepts a certain amount of characters. To show you, I made a screen with an input field, and used LEN() in the visibility formulas of the button and content boxes to display accordingly if 1-10 characters are entered:

The Submit button is only visible if the entered text is 1 to 10 characters long:

The greyed out box shows if there is 0 characters or over 10 characters:

And the warning message appears if over 10 characters entered:

This is how it looks in the app:

Hope these examples help! Let us know if you have any other questions. :slight_smile: :honeybee:

2 Likes

Super Good!!!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am developing few apps for my business; I am really excited. Thanks again for your help.

3 Likes

Hi @San,

You're welcome, I'm glad it helped :slightly_smiling_face:

And very cool to hear! That's great that you're using Honeycode to create apps for your business. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions as you're building. :honeybee:

Awesome to see the excitement @San!! Keep us posted on your app building journey and as @Alyssa had mentioned, feel free to reach out with any additional questions!

Sure will do.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Data validation on cells

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.