Day 1

Just starting with HC and I felt that I should start by using the #experience-new . I managed to create some linked tables and a couple of screens.

Here is my feedback after one day.

• New Experience specific information is hard to find by googling.
  • Table Layout - looks cool, but needs three things: ability to move tables and screens around the page, a different coloured set of lines that illustrate the table relationships and a zoom in feature.
  • Editing layouts. I let HC create a sub screen (detailed view) and I can't figure out how to adjust the column widths which is very frustrating when the fist column is mostly space and the second is wrapped and truncated.
  • Conceptually I'm trying to build an app to work with data in sub-sub-tables - i.e series -> events -> event details. The first two levels will be read only, just for navigation and so far it's not obvious how to do this. I spent ages trying to remove the row delete button - ended up filtering it out, but that's not quite the same. Navigation from screen to screen is not clear - i created two screens and tried to link them and ended up with the wizard creating another screen.
  • I like the table layout and would not prioritise creating a screen for most of them.
  • Importing data from CSV is very useful to allow real data to be used in early development
  • Trying to get up to speed quickly - do I need to learn HC Classic and then start with New-Experience?

All in all I was impressed with what I could achieved and am now keen to learn more.

Steve

2 Likes

Welcome to the Honeycode community @Steve.Groom, it is nice to meet you! :wave:

Thank you so much for your feedback, I will make sure to pass all this information to our team. I'm excited to hear you are impressed and want to learn more!

You do not need to learn HC Classic to understand the New Experience. We are hosting weekly Community Office Hours and would be happy to help answer more questions you have.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Tiffany

Hi @Steve.Groom,

Hope you are doing well!

We didn't see a request for office hours this week, so we wanted to address more of your questions here.

This is really valuable feedback, we will make sure to relay this information back to our team.

I agree, I think these features would be a great way to make the overview mode more customizable and easier to digest. I'll make sure to relay this information back to the team, as well.

This is not currently something Honeycode can do. However, I will add it to the ideas we send over to our team.

At this time, there is no way to completely remove the delete button, but you can filter it out the way you did. When you click on a field you can toggle the permissions to edit (see first screenshot below). The Event Project Manager template seems to be a similar use case to what you are explaining. You can see in the second screenshot below that there is a Events screen and you can add an new event by clicking the Add Event button. When you click on Add Event, a form pops up. To edit this form, select the Events Form.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Thank you,
Evelyn

2 Likes