Display a picklist when button clicked

Hello,

I would like to display a picklist when I click on a "+" button. Do you know how to do it ?
I don't know how to use a button to do that, because it can only navigate or update a screen. Maybe I can use a hidden variable which I update with the button and use this variable in the visibility of the picklist.

If you have an idea to do it in a clean way, I'm more than interested !

Hi @Anto-c92a, thanks for posting here!

You're on the right track with this, I can show you how you can hide or display fields as desired :slight_smile:

A way to achieve this is to create another variable on the screen that stores true or false to be tied to the visibility of other objects on the screen. That way you can use the "Update current screen" automation, and just set the value of that variable to to true or false.

So for yours, here's a screen I set up to show this concept. I have a input variable for the rowlink, a button, and a variable for the visibility of the rowlink:

For the visibility variable (I named it PicklistVisible for this example), I set the initial value to false:

You can also make the visibility of the content box that has this variable false, that way it doesn't show on your screen:

Now, click on the content box that has the rowlink in it, and set the visibility to equal the value of the PicklistVisible variable:

Then for the button, click on the "Update current screen" automation, and set the $[PicklistVisible] variable to true:

With the above set up, when you click on the button in the app, the visibility will update from false to true, and you will see your picklist to select from. :slight_smile:

You can apply this concept to showing and hiding different objects on a screen. Let me know if this helps and if you have any other questions. :honeybee:

Thank you for your reply. I will try this as soon as possible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Would it be possible to apply the same concept in a situation when instead of button to select (as above), i can setup a picklist (Picklist-1)and then selection of any value in that picklist drives the visibility of subsequent picklist (Picklist-2) ?

Hi @Dish-93cb,

First off, welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

And yes, you are able to create a parent-child relationship of picklists with filters.

This is how you would create that:

First, I made a new table that would have data for a parent row link. In this case, I created a "Spaces" table:

For the child data (in the "Items" table), I added another column that is formatted as a row link to the "Spaces" table:

Now on my screen, I have a data cell that is formatted to a row link to the "Spaces" table (parent rowlink):

The block below with the item selector is set to only be visible if there is a space selected:

And for the data cell for the items, I've set it up as a filtered rowlink to the items table (child rowlink), to only show the items related that space:

The filter in my example being: =FILTER(Items,"Items[Space]=%",$[SpaceSelector])

Now in the app, when you select a certain space from the parent rowlink, your child rowlink will only display what's tied to the parent:

For example, selecting the kitchen:

Or the office:

Let me know if this helps! :slightly_smiling_face: :honeybee: