Dynamic Filters in App

Hello Honeycode Community!

Does anyone know if there is a way to have a column list generate during run-time based on a filter formula in a text field?

Hi @Eric,

Thank you for getting in touch. Let me know if I am mistaken, do you intend to create new columns based on the output of FILTER()? In addition, are you using FILTER() in tables or on screen?

I would really appreciate if you could elaborate more on your use case.

1 Like

Hey @Pankaj, apologies for the lack of clarity in the question.

Due to the many specific needs of my team, we are in need of the ability to generate column lists during run-time.

What I am hoping to achieve is to have a text field above a column list (say, for the table Students), in which I can type in a =FILTER(etc.) formula to modify the data source for the column list dynamically.

It would be an added bonus to be able to select the columns which are displayed using say, checkboxes.

Can you think of any way by which I could emulate this?

Hi @Eric,

Thank you for providing the write-up. Unfortunately we do not have a native solution for this scenario.

Having said that, right now, the closest solution I can think of is to write your own custom filter and let users choose options from a dropdown menu. Review the functionality of custom filters by referring to the Content Tracker Template.

To review the custom filter in action, It is necessary to create a workbook with a Content Tracker Template, then once you go to the screens, you will see the ability to create custom filters under the Project tab. Below is the sample screenshot.

Your feedback is valuable to us. Please be assured that I'll pass on your feature request to the product team.

I hope this was helpful. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.