Effective Date Format / Output / Governance

1.0. Task Overview
The MID processing is from 0000 hours whereas NFUM is from 1200 hours.

Whilst NFUM has from/to date for the same day/month when cover is for a full 12 months eg: from 01/8/08 (1200hrs) to 01/08/09 (11:59) MID at renewal set the dates from 02/08/2008 (0000hrs) to 01/08/09 (23.59hrs)

The hours value is not passed to MID. MID1 renewal is automatically updated by MID not by any NFUM submitted record. As a result any change which affects the full 12 months is passed as having effective date and renewal dates of same day/month eg. 01/08/2008 to 01/08/2009 but MID reject the transaction with a E049 error because the effective date of the transactions is before their effective date.

If the policy 'effective from date' (Inception date) and 'expiry date' (aka Renewal Date) for any transaction have the same day and month (ie are for full 12 months) the 'effective from date' output to the MID record is to be advanced 1 day, ie 01/01/08 output as 02/02/08.

1.2. Test Description
Complete a MID with an effective date the same as the renewal effective date and change the details of the cover. Run the MID Extract, ensure that a new record has been created which has renewal effective date+1.

1.3. Expected Outcome
The MID Extract has been run successfully and a new record has been created for the MC which has the effective date as the renewal effective date plus 1.

END

NEWBIE ALERT
I must be doing something wrong, I've read 7 pages of HONEYCC discussing Effective Date Output but I can't find it:

QUESTION
"Where is the organisation level setting for date format, please?" (screenshot, Event builder form)
I need a global setting, in case of data exchange with another system
highly likely when you are in New Zealand :new_zealand:

I see 1 honeycc with a similar issue to the one above, dated Nov'20.
I couldn't tag /link topics (excluding: discussion/ feature/announcement etc)
No Tags for ToTs!

#your-suggestions :
(Meta)Data appears to reduce duplicates and I had no trouble finding the discussions so they are likely there, I probably don't have the same user privileges as you seasoned HONIES, so I can't collaborate. Just monologue.

I don't have any advice for you HONEYCC'; I trust you to make up your own mind about what's best for you
2021-02-08T03:20:00Z

Your thoughts, additions, or subtractions are welcomed, valued and respected.

Yours faithfully
Amy

Attachments (2)

• List item There was two screenshots

• List item New users can only attach one media item to a topic so lucky dip!

Moderator note: Edited out 'shouting' all-caps and language.

Thank You :pray:

Hi @Alaska, welcome to the community! :honeybee:

I'm happy to help you out with date functions in Honeycode. :slight_smile:

You can find which date functions are supported in Honeycode here. Honeycode also allows you to format fields and table columns to a "Date" format, which can simplify formulas and calculations.

It looks like you're looking to add one day to a date, if an inception date and expiry date match. To achieve this in Honeycode, you would set up your automation that checks if the two dates match in the run options, and the formula to add a day would be simply: =[Renewal Date]+1.

Calculations between dates in Honeycode are done in days, so if you wanted to convert days to hours, you'd multiply by 24 (or divide to convert hours to days).

Regarding displaying dates in another time zone, Honeycode is in UTC, and you can convert to another time zone by following the steps here.

For the additional questions in your screenshot:

1. Fields in Builder will indicate misspellings with a red line, however I'll pass on your note as a request to improve spell check abilities in Honeycode.
  2. Yes, you can add multiple rows from one action. This is done with the run options of an automation, where you would specify criteria for the rows.
  3. Table names can differ from column names or have the same name; there's no functionality impact either way.

I hope this information helps! Let us know if you have any further questions. :slight_smile: :honey_pot: