Errors with "THISROW()" in App Navigation

Continuing the discussion from ThisRow( ):

I'm attempting to use "THISROW()" to assist with navigation throughout my app. As described in the post above which says:
"You can set the variable $[InputRow] in the detail screen to be THISROW() on navigation."

However when I do this in my app, the information does not seem to always carry over to the next screen. The setup is pretty straightforward, when a user clicks on the nav button they are redirected to the screen I indicate.

I've found a workaround for this where I set "Take data from:" to $[InputRow] and this seems to work fine.

I'm curious if anyone else here has encountered similar errors and if there is any risk of failure I should be aware with the workaround I have implemented?

1 Like

Hi,

=THISROW() is available within context of lists (or rows if you are using in table view).

If you are navigating from a detail page where the screen is driven by a single row, you can pass the $[InputRow] across to the next screen rather than THISROW() to explictly define the row to pass to the next screen. Using your screenshot as an example:

1. List of launches -> Launch detail
    You can use thisrow() within the list of launches to navigate to the detail screen.

2. Launch detail - > Related Launches
    You can pass the $[InputRow] variable from he detail screen to the "Related launches" screen so you can retrieve the list of any related launches as an example.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.