External javascript library

Can I use Honeycode to interact with a 3rd party plugin/sdk library? I'm looking into frontapp.com and they have a plugin framework but you have to interact with their container app via a javascript library, a la:

<html>
<head>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//dl.frontapp.com/libs/plugin-sdk-1.0.1.min.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
    // window.Front is now available.
</script>
</body>
</html>

or

var Front = require('@frontapp/ui-sdk');

New users can't post more than one link, so here's a link to the SDK documentation FWIW Introduction

Hi @Eric-8b6b, welcome to the community! :honeybee:

You can interact with the javascript library using our external integrations with AWS Lambda. Check out this link, which walks you through how to connect AWS Lambda and Front using Zapier webhooks: https://zapier.com/apps/aws-lambda/integrations/front-app

I'd recommend exploring different integrations with Amazon AppFlow and Zapier, as there may be different options that are helpful to you in connecting your Honeycode data to different services.

Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any further questions. :slight_smile: :honey_pot:

1 Like

I think that's for an API integration via webhook events. I don't see how my app, while in an iFrame within Front's interface, could respond to asyncronous javascript events as described here: Getting events from Front

My understanding is Lambda is running in a server and responding to javascript events would need to take place within the browser where my app is running.

Hi @Eric-8b6b :honey_pot:

Got it - if you're looking to embed your app in a container or iFrame, that is currently not supported for Honeycode. However this has been requested by others as well, and I'm happy to pass along your feedback and use case to the team.

Could you provide us with some more info around your use case? That's helpful to us when evaluating improvement requests.

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.