FINDROW Syntax error in automation

Code in my submit button:

Take data from:
=FINDROW(Flooring, "Flooring[Item]=%", "$[Material_Picklist]")[price_per_f2] * $[Footage content]
Yellow Warning: Formula returns a syntax error. Look to the ! for more details.

I've also tried:
=$[Material_Picklist][price_per_f2] * $[Footage content]
Yellow Warning: Formula returns a syntax error. Look to the ! for more details.

Data shows up as: #Value!

For context:

I have a structure that looks like this:

Table, Renos

*Room
*Flooring
Square footage
Total Price

I've created 2 separate tables for "Room" and "Flooring". The Flooring table contains the price. I have a form setup to allow the user to pick room, flooring, and enter the square footage manually. It's just:

Pick a room: ___
Pick a flooring: ____
Enter square footage: ____
Submit

I'm trying to do a lookup inside my automation (submit button) to insert a calculated price into the row based on their PickList choices on the form.

Hope that makes sense.

I'l focus on this one, fewer moving parts...

=$[Material_Picklist][price_per_f2] * $[Footage content]

1. Does $[material_picklist] return a rowlink?
  2. Does [price_per_f2] return a number? Does it always return a number, no blanks?
  3. Does $[footage content] return a number? And again, always?

Maybe try formatting the columns as numbers?

They were not, I have now made sure:

1: Yes, it is formatted as a rowlink to the Flooring table, if that's what you mean.
2: Yes, I have manually entered data and ensured the row is formated as a Number with 2 decimal points
3: That is filled out by the user (me) on my form. I have formatted the field as "number" with 2 decimal points.

Despite still receiving the syntax error warning, the data does come through ok on submit. It is doing the lookup and calculation as expected. I will assume this is just a bug I guess.

I am using: =$[Material_Picklist][price_per_f2] * $[Footage content]

Ah, ok. If it looks ok in the app, it's probably a bug with the warning system.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.