Formula in Honeycode

Hello, I am using this formula in excel to exchange a text value to time : "=--TEXT(H7,"00:00:00")" , my text value format is "545". After that i use these value to calculate expect time value such as "=I7-(--TEXT($J$4,"00:00:00"))" (I7 is the value created from the first formula)

But when i copy this formula to honeycode, the system responsed #value.

Can you please suggest compatible formula in Honeycode ? Thank you.

Hi @Lequ-e17e, welcome to the community! :smiley:

Formulas and functions in Honeycode are a bit different than in Excel, so I'll first note that you can find the different functions supported and their parameters here: Honeycode Functions.

For your formula, you can use CONCATENATE with LEFT and RIGHT to create the text string format you're looking for. For example, here's one that take a number and creates an 00:00 structure:

=CONCATENATE(LEFT([Column1],2),":",RIGHT([Column1],2))

You can apply this concept to build the formats you're looking for. Also, if you build an app in Honeycode with input fields (data cells), those can be formatted to Time, so the data will already come into the tables in a desired time format.

Let us know if we can help any further! :honeybee: :honey_pot:

Thank you for your reply, after using this formula I can subtract/add a specific duration to calculate time, is that correct?

Hi @Lequ-e17e :honeybee:

The formula in the above example converts it into a text format, so you would not be able to subtract or add numeric values.

However, if you had different columns formatted to Time, you could add and subtract those values. It's done in fractions of a day, so if you wanted to get hours you'd multiply by 24.

Here's an example; I have two columns formatted to time. I subtract the two values and then multiply by 24 to get the difference in time in hours:

=([Column4]-[Column3])*24  

Hope that helps! :slight_smile: Let us know if you have any other questions. :honey_pot:

A post was split to a new topic: Trying to retrieve data from CSV files