Generating Update screen with App Wizard

• What’s your feature request?Generating Update screen with App Wizard

• What’s the problem that you’re looking to solve?The App wizard generates a list screen, delete screen and an add screen by default. Why not an update screen?.

• How are you/is your team currently blocked?Since the App wizard does not generate the update screen by default, I have to copy the delete button and create update automation which is not straightforward and undifferentiated heavy lifting for consumers of this product

Hi @Dhir-9db3! - Thanks for your feature request!

To make sure I understand the request correctly, I assume you're looking for a way to let your app users edit/update existing data. If so, perhaps this is what you're looking for:

In the App Wizard, when setting up the detail screen, you can click on the pencil next to the columns you're displaying to make it "editable". Once the column is "editable", your app users can change the data in real-time.

Here's a reference in case it's helpful. Please see step 7.

Hope this helps! But please do let us know if you have any other questions/feedback. Thanks!

Thanks.

So, if you change the data in the detail screen, it gets saved to the table automatically. The delete button is misleading and not having an update button is not intuitive. Just having a delete button leaves the impression that you can delete the data with the button but can't save the changes as there is no update button.

Hi @Dhir-9db3 - Thanks again for your comment. I'll pass the feedback along to our product team!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.