Help - Table Relationships - Mental Hurdle

Hello! So I am building a Safety Incident Reporting App...

I have my main table "Incidents" . In the incidents table I have a column which is a Rowlink to table "Employee Location" in Employee Locations I list all of the Locations but I also indicate what Region (North, Central , South) said locations fall into ... I also have a Regions table that contains 3 records (North, Central, South). I didn't want the user to have to pick the region. So in the incidents table or employee locations table how do I report what region?

regions

Hi @MJ :honeybee:

Your tables and data relationships are already set up for this, so you're quite close; I'll just show you what formulas to put into your columns. :slight_smile:

In your Incidents table, in the Region column, add a formula that retrieves the region associated with the location. In your case, you would do =Incidents[Employee_Location][Region]:

Then for your FILTER formula in the Region table, filter the Region column in the Incidents table by the region name of that row:

=FILTER(Incidents,"Incidents[Region]=[Region]")

That will give you all of the incidents related to that region. Hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions! :slight_smile: :honey_pot:

Thanks ...so easy when you type the formula...I was close. :blush:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.