How can I do a join validation between different tables?

Hello @Pankaj @Alyssa
I have a challenge. In an application to implement Security Module, I must to restrict options to any users. I 've created groups.

I want with any manner (formula, filter, findrow) if I have the user (for example SYS_USER), list his options (Descriptions), or may be also if I have the user and an option, "return" TRUE or FALSE if that option is avalilable for the user.

I hope you have understood. Thanks you for all.

Javier

Hi @Javi-1285,

Thank you for reaching out.

I wanted to share an update with you. I am working with the engineering team to gain more insight into the scenario you presented. As soon as I receive an update, I will let you know.

Hi @Javi-1285,

Thank you for being patient.

I have come up with a solution to implement what you are trying to achieve after doing some research and trying it out. Here's how it works:

As shown below, create a table “TableGroup_Users” for mapping Groups and Users. You can control which users are allowed access by using the following table:

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 2.14.06 PM

Create a new table, "TableAccess", that contains options and group mappings as well as a column for "OptionsDescription".

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 3.21.04 PM

The TableAccess table has another important column, "user_RLTableGroup", which is a rowlink to TableGroup_Users. Rowlink has been calculated using Group value as below:

=filter(TableGroup_Users,"TableGroup_Users[ColumnGroup]=THISROW()[ColumnGroup]")

ON THE SCREEN:

I have created a list and set the source to:
=FILTER(TableAccess,"$[SYS_USER] IN TableAccess[user_RLTableGroup][ColumnUsers]")

The formula above displays the options that pertain solely to [SYS_USER].

This is how the app will appear, its displaying the options which belongs logged in user:

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Hi @Pankaj
Just I found the same solution, the power of row links!!! Very good!

Excelent!!!,

Javier

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.