How can I restrict Screen access for the specific users

Hello Honeycoders,

I have 3 basic screens on my App. Home, Details, and Form.
I just want to share only the home screen to all the users, while the Details and Form should only be accessed by admins.

Is there any way I can achieve that? (I can understand we can restrict that individual fields by the display functionality, However, couldn't find anything to restrict the entire screen)

Capture

Thanks!

Hi @Gaurav_Kothari,

Good note here! I'm happy to give you a couple of ideas for what you're looking to do :slight_smile:

You can restrict access to screens by hiding them from the navigation bar, and only have the screen accessible to navigate to by clicking a button. You would then set the visibility of the button to only be visible to particular users.

Here's an example of this - I made a "See Project Details" button that checks if the SYS_USER is in a manager column of a table. If they are a manager, the button will be visible to them:

Another idea would be to set up different apps in the same workbook, and share each app with only particular users. An example of this is the Timesheet Template, which has a manager app and an employee app. If you share a particular app with certain users (and not the whole workbook), they cannot see the workbook's Table contents or other apps in the workbook.

Hope those ideas help! Let me know if one of those works for you :honeybee:

1 Like

Hi @Alyssa,

I believe, setting up a different app seems to be a more feasible option. Especially for the Project Details screen. Setting up the button for the detail screen will not lead to the Exact record we need detail. I will keep you updated on how it goes.

Hi @Gaurav_Kothari,

Sounds good! Yes, keep us posted, and let us know if you need any further help with this. :slight_smile: :honeybee:

Hi @Alyssa,

As discussed, I have created two separate versions of the App. One for the 'Users' where I have two screens. (Home Screen and Details Screen (Non-Editable Data Fields.) Where another App is for the 'Admins' / 'Managers' with an Editable Details screen as well as an additional Form screen to add the new projets.

Thanks for the Help!!

Capture

1 Like

Hi @Gaurav_Kothari,

Great! Thanks for sharing the method that you went with, I'm happy that works for you :star2:

And you're welcome, I'm always happy to help :smiley: :honeybee:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.