How do do it? Select a Category and fill in the Characteristics only for this category

Hello,
I broke my brain. How to do it?
I need that when a user selects a Product Category, a table with characteristics only for this category will open. For example, a lubricant will have its characteristics, and a bearing will have its own.
So that in the future, when creating a catalog, you can add a Product, select a Category and fill in the Characteristics only for this category.

I am hope for your help.
Serge

1 Like

Hi @Serge_Bakhtin, nice to see you again and thanks for your question! :slight_smile: :honeybee:

To set this up, you would create a table of the products and another of the characteristics, which relates to the products table. I'll show you how this data model looks:

Here's a Products table. The first column is for the name, and I have another column filtered to each product's characteristics (further explained below):

Here's the Characteristics table. The first column is formatted as a rowlink to the Products table, and you can add characteristics that correspond with a product:

Back to the Products table, the characteristics column is formatted to a filter formula, which is of the characteristics associated to that product:

The sample formula is: =FILTER(Characteristics,"Characteristics[Product]=Products[Product]")

Now in the app, you could have a variable formatted as a rowlink which allows you to select a product:

Then set up a characteristics list that is filtered to only display the characteristics of that selected product:

Example formula: =FILTER(Characteristics, "Characteristics[Product]=$[ProductSelector]")

Here's how it looks in the app:

For a related example, this post shows how to set up picklists to select items from sub-categories of a main category, if you're interested in exploring that.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions as you build. :honey_pot: :slight_smile:

2 Likes