How do I upload files to S3?

Quick glance, I did not see any fields for uploading files? Is it possible to upload files to S3?

2 Likes

Hi @RajW-6d9e,
We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. At present, uploading files is not supported.
We'll submit a feature request for the team to consider in a future update.

As a workaround, you can upload files directly to S3 and then add these links to your apps.

Thanks.

1 Like

It would be great if the data stored was available in S3, we have a data lake using S3 buckets and expose them via Denodo - this could be a great option to having users update or retrieve via Access.

1 Like

Hey @Patr-4410 - welcome to Honeycode community! You've brought up an interesting use case I haven't seen before. What format does your data lake rest in on S3?

.PARQUET output files. It is these files that are exposed to Redshift/Denodo for query access.

1 Like

Thanks so much for clarifying! I'll look into this and may follow up as I learn more

Hi @RajW-6d9e & @Patr-4410, if possible, we'd love to gather more information from the both of you on external integrations. Please take a moment to visit External Integrations - Share your feedback! and provide details around your use case. Thanks!

Do we need to manually copy the Links to our app. Or we have some integration in place to get the links automatically.
For Ex: In my app I need to Upload Receipts associated to particular expense and store the file links(S3 URL) to my Honeycode table. So that user can navigate to the uploaded files using view receipt button.

Hi @Aman-3ff5, thanks for your question!

To make sure I understand your scenario, you want to add S3 URLs automatically into Honeycode tables, right? If so, then you would need an external service to monitor your S3 bucket and get the S3 URLs ready. Then you can use the Honeycode API to pull in the data into Honeycode tables.

Thanks!

Hi @Aman-3ff5, as @albertc had mentioned, our API might help, specifically the InvokeScreenAutomation. Check out this article: Getting Started with Honeycode APIs.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @RajW-6d9e and @Patr-4410, we're excited to announce integrations with Zapier and Amazon AppFlow, allowing you to connect your existing workflows and data sources with your Honeycode apps, plus new Honeycode APIs.

In case you missed it, more details can be found here! Release Notes - December 2, 2020