How to add cell value from different table

Hi,
I want to add a column say Amount from different table to the Credit column where the ID is equal to the ID in different table, how can i do that using column formula?
Note: I want to add the amount to the base value of credit like 5000+amount from different table.

Hi @aru,

Welcome to the community and warm greetings.

I tried to create a similar scenario on my end. This is how it works:

UserData and UserRef are two tables I created. UserData contains the following values:
Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.21.22 PM

In UserRef table, the credit column uses the FINDROW() formula to determine the credit value based on the ID match with UserData table and ID in the current row.

=FINDROW(UserData,"UserData[ID]=THISROW()[ID]")[Amount]

Below is the screenshot of UserRef table:
Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.21.36 PM

I hope this was helpful. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

1 Like

Hi @Pankaj ,
Thankyou for the reply.
I have a small doubt that if i have already given a value to the cell then how could i add the value in that cell from other table where the ID's are same?
Something like,
[base value of cell]+SUM(FINDROW(UserData,"UserData[ID]=THISROW()[ID]")[Amount])

Hi @aru

I appreciate you reaching out.

I understand what you are trying to accomplish. Although there may be several ways to accomplish this, one way I can think of is to create a new column and use the SUM function, see below. When you use new column, the old values will be preserved in case you need them in the future.

=SUM(THISROW()[Credit],FINDROW(UserData,"UserData[ID]=THISROW()[ID]")[Amount])

Below is the screen shot:

To explore more about functions you can refer to honeycode-functions

I hope this was helpful. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

1 Like

Thankyou so much @Pankaj
It worked!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.