How to auto assign next id #?

Hello,

Is there a way to auto-assign next Asset Id #? Just curious

It's tricky, but possible.

1. Create a table called "values".
  2. Enter "0" in cell A2
  3. In your automation, take data from =value!A2 and write it to your "id" column.
  4. Add an overwrite step, take data from: =SUM(value!A2,1) and write data to =value!A2

You've now got a counter that increments each time.

Hi @Wendy, thanks for your post and welcome to the community! :slightly_smiling_face:

Here's a link that may be helpful for you, which shows how to create unique row IDs: How to Build a Unique Row ID Automation.

Hope that helps! Let us know too if you have any further questions. :honeybee:

The article lost me at: Create a List and Form! When I click those it wants to know what tables and columns to include and the article did not specify at all. Still lost.

Hi @Wendy,

I'm glad you've been trying out the method in the article. :slight_smile: I can help you with that step -

This step is to help you create a List Screen and Form Screen.

After completing step 2 in the article, click on the list object to add first.

For the List object, select the CustomerOrders table and include the three columns (Unique Row ID, Customer Name, and Order Details). The other tick boxes are optional, but not necessary for this walkthrough. Once you create this, the list will be added to the screen.

Then click on the form object, and select the option that includes the button. And select the CustomerOrders table and include the three columns (Unique Row ID, Customer Name, and Order Details). Once this is created, you will have a form screen:

After you have done the steps above, you can move on to the next step in the article.

I'll also note that the App Wizard in the Builder can also be used to create a form and list screen quickly. It's just another option for that step, if you're curious to explore that.

I'll also reach out to our content team to see if they can update the article to provide more clarity for that step.

Let us know if you bump into anything else. :honeybee: