How to check if there's null value before adding a row?

Hi Honeycode community, is there anyway or workaround to check first if there's a null value in my form before adding it to the sheets?

Hi @John-ce1c,

Thanks for your post! Yes, there's a couple of ways to achieve this :slight_smile:

You can check if a field is empty either by comparing the user input to "" or using the ISBLANK() function.

For example, you can set up the visibility of a greyed-out button and submit button like this:

=$[UserInput]="" for the greyed out button's visibility:

And =$[UserInput]<>"" for the submit button visibility:

Or you can use the ISBLANK() function:

=ISBLANK($[UserInput]) for the greyed out button:

And =NOT(ISBLANK($[UserInput])) for the submit button:

Let us know if this helps! :honeybee:

You can see more examples of data validation here as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Alyssa Thank you for the help!! I was actually able to figure it out myself lol, I created a content box that will determine if one field is null or not. From there I created two log button similar to what you have done, one button will appear if there is a null field and when clicked a banner will appear saying that there's a null field. The other button will only appear if there's no null field and will continue to write the data when clicked! Thank you for the help!

2 Likes

Hi @John-ce1c,

That's great! I'm happy you figured it out :smiley:

Thanks for sharing your method too :honey_pot: I like that you added a message that will display if there's a null field.

If you'd like to take it a step further, we just released a new feature called conditional styling, with which you could change the style of an object (i.e. font or color of a content box) if certain conditions are met.

Just ideas to explore as you build :slight_smile: Feel free to post again if we can help with anything else.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.