How to connect to REST API through the honeycode app?

I would like to make a call for another API service from my honeycode app to receive the data (for example JSON data) and fill the existing table with it. How can I do that without 3rd party solutions?

Thank you for reaching out.

Right now, Honeycode does not natively support saving data in existing tables using REST API calls to API services. As one of the most popular feature requests, we have sent it over to our Product team for review.

I know this may not be an ideal solution but explore Getting Started with Honeycode APIs and utilize AWS Lambda and try to achieve the functionality.

Please do not hesitate to contact‌ ‌us‌ ‌if‌ ‌you‌ ‌have‌ ‌any‌ ‌further‌ ‌questions.

Thank you for the replay!

So I have another question. The Amazon Honeycode supports connecting to REST API service and not filling the existing tables but just getting data? I would like to take data and use it on the Frontend side? Is it possible?

Hi @Bart-f60e,

Thank you for reaching out.

Sorry if I was being unclear. I meant to say Honeycode does not natively support the REST API call to any API service (either to fill data into tables or to use it on the front end). I hope this clarifies any confusion.

No worries, everything was clear :smiley:

Let's sum up everything. For now I can't make calls from honeycode app but I could try to use Honeycode API and AWS Lambda to get the data from external API and use it on Frontend side without using/filling built-in tabels, am I right?

HI @Bart-f60e,

It is good to hear from you. Lambda and Honeycode APIs may be used in clever ways for integration. I was trying to find some examples and I came across amazon-honeycode-table-api-integration-sample

Hope you find this helpful.