How to display text on Mouser over

i need to display text on Mouser Over , How can i do this

It's not possible currently. You can trigger visibility on blocks on click, but not hover.

A workaround would be to create a small buttton with the information emoji ":information_source:". You can then create an automation to change the value of a variable when the button is clicked, and set the visibility of a message to rely on the value of the variable.

1 Like

can you please provide one Example for this

Sure. First I add a small content box that just contains an information emoji " ⓘ". Then below that I create a content box with the text I want to display when the emoji is clicked.

Screenshot from 2020-07-27 14-06-47

Now I add a data cell to the sheet. I set the visibility of the data cell's content box to =FALSE.

Screenshot from 2020-07-27 14-09-12

I change the name of the data cell to InfoToggleState so its purpose is clear. I set the type to Variable, and I set the initial value to =-1. This variable will switch between -1 and 1. When it's negative, the information box will be hidden, and when it's positive, the information box will be visible.

Screenshot from 2020-07-27 14-10-55

To make that happen, I need to edit the visibility formula for the information box. I set it to =$[InfoToggleState]>0.

Screenshot from 2020-07-27 14-17-23

Now I just need to create the logic to change the variable back and forth between 1 and -1. I want the variable to toggle when the information emoji is clicked, so I select the emoji's content box and go to the Actions tab of its Content Box Properties. I select the Update current screen action. I want to set the =$[InfoToggleState] variable, taking data from =$[InfoToggleState]*(-1). In other words, I'm multiplying the value of InfoToggleState by -1 every time the info emoji is clicked.

Screenshot from 2020-07-27 14-22-26

And here is the result:

Screenshot from 2020-07-27 14-25-24

Screenshot from 2020-07-27 14-25-38

Thank you So much for your replay , i am not able to see any Emoji on the Tool box , i have understood the logic, but i can not see the button , which you have used , is there any Version difference , between which we use and your.

Emoji's are actually just special characters, so you can copy and paste them from any website into Honeycode. Here's one website that makes it really easy: https://www.emojicopy.com/.

I'll make it even easier for you. Highlight one of the emoji below and use Control-C to copy it. Then paste it into a Content Box in Honeycode with Control-V.

ℹ️
ℹ
ⓘ

Thank you So much for your Replay

Clever solution @Isaiah; love to see this type of creativity & collaboration!