How to record survey responses and send to an email address?

I am creating a simple health survey for COVID-19. I want to have the responses recorded and sent to a manager. How can I accomplish this? Thanks.

Hi @Momi-4116, thanks for your post and welcome to the community! Sounds like a very important survey you have in mind and hopefully I'll be able to provide the info you need to be successful in this.

Starting point is to just ensure that you are aware of the need to have whomever that will be taking this survey in your Honeycode team. For additional info on this check these out: Adding Team Members.

Then, if you haven't already, I would recommend that you take a look at our Simple Survey template. I believe this will be a great starting point for creating your health survey. Once you create a Workbook based on that template, you can modify the questions (column headers) in the Survey table.

Now, while the results are stored in the Results table, you may also want to go one step further and have a separate app to review the results (rather than looking in Results table directly). We have an article that covers how to do this using the app wizard, Step-by-Step Building with App Wizard.

Finally, then I would recommend that you take a look at our Set Notifications from Builder article. Basically what you could do is once a person completes the survey and clicks/taps the complete button, a notification would be sent to your manager. Your manager could then simply open up the Honeycode app and see the recorded results.

Give this approach a try and let us know if you get stuck anywhere along the way. The community is here to help!

1 Like