Infrastructure/platform questions

Hi! I have a few inquiries on Honeycode's infrastructure and platform capabilities:

1. What database is Honeycode using? (SQL Server, proprietary, etc)
  2. Where are Honeycode's data centers located?
  3. Is it possible to embed apps created in Honeycode to other websites?
  4. Does Honeycode support standard scripts like SQL, CSS, HTML, JavaScript, and even Excel expressions?
  5. What localization features are available? (other languages, dates, etc)
  6. Is there an SLA uptime guarantee?
  7. Can Honeycode enforce referential integrity between tables?
  8. Is there a way to generate calendars, charts, and graphs?

Thanks in advance!
John

5 Likes

Hey John, that's quite a list of questions you got there :slight_smile: Let me see if I can tackle them one by one -

What database is Honeycode using? (SQL Server, proprietary, etc)

At this time, I am not able to share this information with you. Honeycode is underpinned by a wide variety of AWS services as well as custom software in order to reach scale we wanted.

Where are Honeycode's data centers located?

Please refer to the following URL
https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/global-infrastructure/regional-product-services/

Is it possible to embed apps created in Honeycode to other websites?

Not currently. But this is a great idea and I am going to make sure the rest of our team knows that users like you are asking for this!

Does Honeycode support standard scripts like SQL, CSS, HTML, JavaScript, and even Excel expressions?

Short answer is no, but you'll likely find the syntax to be very familiar. Take a look at these couple of articles - Honeycode Functions and Filters in Honeycode

What localization features are available? (other languages, dates, etc)

Honeycode currently supports only American English with US style formatting. I recognize that this is a gap and we will iterate to improve the product. Feedback from users like you is what drives our roadmap.

Is there an SLA uptime guarantee?

There is no specific SLA currently as Honeycode launched in Beta. However, availability is governed by the AWS Customer Agreement that you sign when creating your account.

Can Honeycode enforce referential integrity between tables?

Generally yes, but could you tell me more about your use case? Sounds interesting!

Is there a way to generate calendars, charts, and graphs?

Currently not, but we know that it is something users like you want, so we are hard at work on adding additional features to Honeycode!

Hope this helps John. Thank you for using Honeycode!

3 Likes

Appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions, Oleg!

Can Honeycode enforce referential integrity between tables?

Say for example we have a sales representative table and a sales table, where one rep can have many sales. Will deleting a rep from the "sales rep table" also delete their data on the "sales table"? Can we set Honeycode to prevent deletion of records on either table if they are linked?

Thanks again for your help!
John

2 Likes

Thanks for these replies, Oleg. It's nice to see y'all being as open as possible about the what/when/how of your roadmap.

These are all very significant points for those appraising the platform for professional use, so it's great to get such speedy and open replies. Keep it up :+1:

3 Likes

Much appreciate, HoneyCode community vibrant :+1:

1 Like

Hi @John-862d and @Stu,
There are two ways to ensure referential integrity: block the delete, or cascade the delete to the foreign table. In your example @John-862d if you deleted a "sales rep" you would not allow the delete or delete all the "sales" associated with that rep.

The out of the box behavior of Honeycode is to not block the delete but also to not cascade. So it is possible to end up with "sales" records with missing "sales rep". You will see this in the rowlink field represented as #REF - meaning the reference is missing.

However, you control the delete process. So in the Delete action you can choose if you want to block the delete, assign the "sales" records to another rep, or delete the "sales records" as well as the "sales rep". Check out the automations as explained here:

• Triggers & Actions
    In your case you will not setup a standalone automation necessarily but the same "Run automation if this formula is True" is available in Button automations. You can filter to see if "sales" records exist and if the result is > 0 then do not execute the delete, for example.

Hope this helps,
DT.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.