Hello Honeycode community! Can Honeycode integrate with a 3rd party SaaS Digital asset management tool?
hi @Turn-5080, welcome to the community. Love your suggestion. I will pass the suggestion to our service team, but it would help a lot if you can give some more details such as:
- Which product you had in mind
- What is the use case and scope
In the meantime you can, if you want to do a bit of coding, create a sync process (with AWS Lambda for example) using the APIs (Getting Started with Honeycode APIs). You could have the sync process could take list of assets or events from your DAM and push them into the Honeycode App.
Let me know if you want more info on that, otherwise watch our announcements page (https://honeycodecommunity.aws/c/announcements).
- Which product you had in mind: Tenovos
- What is the use case and scope: We need a PM tool integration for tasking, proof integration, placeholder asset integration and certain metadata fields to integrate to the asset in Tenovos from the PM tool. We also need 3rd party access to Honeycode if we were to use it. Is this something that has been approved for other teams?
hi Maggie, thank you for the follow up.
I have looked at Tenovos and did not see immediately what API's it has for integration with third party applications and tools. Having worked with similar tools I know there are usually several ways to integrate with these enterprise systems. The suggested way for integration with Honeycode is via the API. If you can call API's from Tenovos directly, great, if not you can build a standalone process that polls Tenovos and updates Honeycode (and vice versa). If you want to take a look at the Honeycode APIs see this page to get started: Getting Started with Honeycode APIs
On your second point, about 3rd party access. Not sure if you mean other team within your organization, a contractor, or a customer getting access to your Honeycode app. Here is a short overview, bullet point style:
- Each app lives within a Workbook, and each workbook within a Team. Any team member can see the complete list of Team members; and only see the apps and Workbooks shared with them.
- You can choose who you share the app within that team, but you cannot share the app with people outside of the team.
- You can create an app and implement custom access levels (based on personalization patterns) to different parts of the app based on or groups you define within the app.
- The administration and building of the app are separate from the usage of the app. However if an app was shared with you, you can share it with other people in the team.
- Don't share the Workbook with anybody who you don't want to to have access to all the data and/or be able to modify how the app works.
We do not support, at this time, contractors who "drop in code" (as in traditional software development) and have no access to data. If you develop you can see the data. But using personalization capabilities you can limit to some extent the data each member can see.
Hope some of this helps guide you in the right direction.
This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.