Limit rowlink field to filter based on previous rowlink field

I want to limit the dropdown options for a field based on the selection of another rowlink.

My first rowlink's source is table PlanCountry where column country is selectable:

My second rowlink field should be the column plan_name(B) from table Plan where column country(C) is equal to the country picked in rowlink 1:

I've tried setting the source for the second rowlink field to a filter as follows:
=FILTER(Plan,"Plan[country]=$[country content]")[plan_name]

without success...

Hi Aram,

Thanks for this post and screenshots! It’s helpful to see what you’re trying to do :slight_smile:

For this, you can simply move the plan_name column to be the first column of the table, and simplify your formula to:

=FILTER(Plan,"Plan[country]=$[country content]”)

This will give your desired result of a dropdown that only shows plans related to the selected country:

As noted in my reply to your other question here, in an app, the rowlink to a table with display the first column of that table.

You could explore pointing to another column that is set up as a rowlink (an example of this is the Simple Survey template), but for your scenario that may not be necessary.

I hope this helps :slight_smile: Let us know if you have any further questions. :honey_pot: :honeybee:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.