Multi select

say i have a movies table and a countries table.
I can create a picklist to add a single country to a movie.

I need to be able to add multiple countries to a movie (e.g. all the countries that movie will be released in). I am not clear how to do that but i see some potential solutions here with multi-select.

Further to that I want to add additional information about a country e.g. if it has been released in said country.

e.g.
Movie = the Matrix
Countries = US[released],UK[released],CA,DE

Hi @Mich-9508, welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

And great topic to post, I'm happy to help you with this.

In Honeycode, the idea of multi-selecting is achieved through many-to-many relationships in tables. This set-up allows you to have attributes in the individual tables, and also shared attributes in a join table.

So for your example, you would have a table for movies, a table for countries, and a join table that would have rowlinks to both tables and additional attributes.

This is how it would look:

You have a table for "Countries" and a table for "Movies":

Then create a join table which has two columns, each that are a rowlink to the two tables you previously created. To this table, you can add more columns of shared attributes (in your case, if released or not):

This is how the columns are formatted to a rowlink:

You can add attributes to any of those tables by adding new columns (attributes to only the movies, to only the countries, and shared attributes in the join table).

Now that you have this set up, you can display the data as desired in an app or table with a filter.

So for example, here's a created column that is formatted with a filter to show this:

Now when you click on that filtered value, it will display the rows in that filter:

Let me know if this helps, and if you have any other questions. :slightly_smiling_face: :honeybee:

1 Like

thanks for your response @Alyssa!

I will try it out and let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Hey @Mich-9508, this seemed like a pretty interesting use case. How's it coming along? Need any additional assistance from us?

Let us know if so!