Multiplying decimal numbers by whole numbers

Hi all,
I´m trying to multiply cell values from different columns, one column is decimal format, another column is whole number format and the subtotal should give me a decimal number, I´ve tried to do it but I´m getting !VALUE error, pls help

Hi @Pabl-2603, welcome to the community! :honey_pot:

Thanks for letting us know what you're experiencing; I just tested this, and I was able to successfully set up a new column that multiplies two number columns (formatted to different decimal places) without an issue.

Could you let us know if you're still experiencing this? I'll note that sometimes re-typing the column name and letting it autofill in the formula will resolve any error you are seeing. It looks like in your screenshot that the changes are still saving, so perhaps changes in your formula had not yet updated.

1 Like

Good day Alyssa,
Thx for helping, I've just tried to submit the formula but still does not show the result of multipliyn those colunms, I've just took another screenshot.
I tried doing it by adding instead of multiplying but shows !Value error, see below:

Hi @Pabl-2603, thanks for the quick follow up! I see what's going on now.

Looking at the screenshots, there's two different values separated by a comma in your "Costo" column. In order for the new column to add the values of two columns, the "Costo" column will need to have only one value in each cell. For example, a value should be "27" or "27.0" (not "27,0").

If you were to update that column to have only one value in each cell, you would then be able to multiply or add the value in your formula without error.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions around this. :slightly_smiling_face: :honeybee:

Thx so much Alyssa, that solved the issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.