Nested Findrow functions?

Hi Everyone,

Quick question - I hope.

For Workbook automations can we nest Findrow functions?

I'm trying to return a value from a different table in a function for a webhook. See below

=FINDROW(BranchDetails,"BranchDetails[BranchNumber]=FINDROW(Candidates,"Candidates[Dispatch Option]=""Branch Meeting Scheduled"" AND Candidates[Branch Attendance Status]=""No Show""")[Branch Number])[PhoneNumber]

Essentially I'm trying to find a row in the BranchDetails table where the [BranchNumber] = a findrow function output and then finding the cell that matches that row BranchDetails[PhoneNumber]

hope that isn't too confusing?

Thanks!

I solved my own question. :slight_smile:

=FINDROW(BranchDetails,"BranchDetails[BranchNumber]=%", FINDROW(Candidates, "Candidates[Dispatch Option]=""Branch Meeting Scheduled"" AND Candidates[Branch Attendance Status]=""No Show""")[Branch Number])[BranchNumber]

Got me what I needed

2 Likes

Hi @BradArtman, glad you figured out a solution! :smiley:

For a tip with more complex formulas, you can split them into separate stored screen variables to simplify the formula. For example, you could have a variable that stores the inside FINDROW formula, and then your second formula is more succinct and clean. This leaves less room for syntax errors.

To do this, create a data cell, make it a variable type, and enter your inside FINDROW formula in the field. I created a separate hidden block for this variable (set to FALSE in the visibility settings):

The second formula would then be simplified to something like: =FINDROW(BranchDetails,"BranchDetails[BranchNumber]=$[CandidateBranchNumber]")

Hope this helps! Just a concept to keep in mind for simplifying formulas. :slight_smile: :honey_pot:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.