Official - Feature Request / Product Backlog

Hi everyone! Spent a few minutes looking around the discussions / kb / help. IMHO I think it would be beneficial for all of us if there were another screen / section / site that listed (Official AWS) accepted feature requests in a standard format so that the community / discussions aren't bloated full of feature requests. Perhaps have a method of voting for a finite amount of time. Then perhaps give us a list of the actual features that are being worked on (accepted). I realize some of this information might not be something you want the competition to see , but chances are they already have the feature or are working on it. I have great hope for this product. We all have our own selfish desires for the product, perhaps by having the separate section it would give us a window into how AWS sees this product moving forward. I see GREAT Value in taming the death by spreadsheet / shadow IT , business processes around the office with having official / documented methods - API,SDK,CLI to consuming this information with other AWS services, especially for entities that have moved most infrastructure to AWS. ie Lambda, Other databases/RDS , S3, QuickSight

My initial thoughts ..and I believe I signed up the night it was launched were.. ugh..tis would be so useful if...

1. Why no images / file upload / use of camera (Use S3 to store the objects)
  2. Why no way to generate a pdf
  3. Simple Documented way to do checkboxes - a simple example - pizza - I want sausage, onion, ...
  4. Simple documented way to do logic in the app meaning I selected this option in this drop down or this check box , therefore my options are limited on the next question - selection ... if I were building a car and my factory had chose to only make a manual transmission available on pink cars if i select green on the color then I would want anyone to be able to select Manual on the transmission ...
  5. Directory Authentication ..,like you can do with QuickSight and other services

Those really for me are the "blockers" for any production "app" or system. Hoping for very swift development with an army of developers behind our requests to make that happen because I see very big value as long as the cost of the service is reasonable.

Thanks for reading!

4 Likes

Hello, and welcome to our community @MJ! First and foremost, thank you for joining the conversation and sharing your initial takeaways from your Honeycode experience. The intention of the 'Your Suggestions' category is for our customers to share their feature requests, suggestions, and feedback on the product. We have the heart ‘Like’ button you can use to upvote your preferred or favorite requests. Note that we’re continuing to look into better ways or methods for our community to upvote; hence there may be changes to this experience as the forum and product evolve.

To help keep this discussion organized, I’ve provided my responses inline below:

1. Why no images / file upload / use of camera (Use S3 to store the objects).

This has been and continues to be a popular request from our customers. Uploading images to S3 is not something we support natively in Honeycode yet. In the meanwhile, you can still do it using any of the known ways to upload images to S3. You could also use S3 and Honeycode APIs to pull the list of images from S3 and store the links in a Honeycode app. I’ll add your feedback to the feature request for the team to look over. You can read more on this request here.

1. Why no way to generate a pdf.

Others have shared similar feedback as well. I’ll add your notes to the feature request for the team to review, too. You can read more on this request here.

1. Simple Documented way to do checkboxes - a simple example - pizza - I want sausage, onion, ...

For this request, try following these steps to see if it addresses what you’re trying to accomplish:

a. Create a list of options (from a table), and add a checkbox emoji (in case of the example of a button with + or - on it. You should also see this post for solutions other members have shared.
b. Create a "Save Selection" type of table where you save the user's "checkbox" selections. Besides the selected Rowlink, this table will also need a user (as this is a multi-user table, and many people can save at the same time, you need to distinguish person A's selections from person B's)
c. Add an automation on the "checkbox" to add or remove the current row (plus username from above) into the Save Selection row.
d. Add a select all or deselect all, or some other action to clear the list if necessary

1. Simple documented way to do logic in the app meaning I selected this option in this drop down or this check box, therefore my options are limited on the next question - selection ... if I were building a car and my factory had chose to only make a manual transmission available on pink cars if i select green on the color then I would want anyone to be able to select Manual on the transmission ...

You can achieve this through adding conditional statements in the Data property of a field or Visibility on the Display properties screen - here is one example for Drop down lists. I recommend you also check out our How to Add Conditional Visibility & Data Validation.

1. Directory Authentication ..,like you can do with QuickSight and other services.

Honeycode supports Directory-based access using Single Sign On, based on AWS SSO. It’s recommended to create applications for a corporate team in an SSO based team, as you cannot currently convert a team (and thus the contained applications and Workbooks) from non-SSO to SSO based. To start, you’ll need to submit a request to get an SSO team started. Let us know if you run into issues with this step.

I hope this helps you. Definitely continue to share your suggestions on how we can improve Honeycode for your use cases :honeybee:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @MJ I know it's been a while since this post, but wanted to bring to your attention to integrations with Zapier, Amazon AppFlow and web-hook based integrations we announced this week, allowing you to connect your existing workflows and data sources with your Honeycode apps, plus new Honeycode APIs. Check out Release Notes - December 2, 2020 for more details.