Order By in StackedList

Hello, i am new in HoneyCode et i am trying to sort by date a stacked list.
I don't understand how to do.

Can someone help me ?

Hi @thib-53a8 thanks for your question and welcome to the community! Currently we don't support sorting directly in the stacked list UI. But it's a relatively easy thing to add once the list has been added to your screen. Just change the Set source from =MyTable to =Filter(MyTable, "ORDER BY MyTable[MyColumn]") like so:

Stacked List Sorting

Hope this answers your question!

2 Likes

Hello, I have a similar situation, but the ORDER BY... doesn't sort it by date. The format of the column is date, but it's not ordering them in sequence, only by month, and the days are not in order.

Here is a my function: =Filter(MyTable,"MyTable[MyColumn]>TODAY() ORDER BY MyTable[MyColumn]")

Suggestion?

Hi @Clin-7464, I came across this follow up question of yours and wanted to respond. An expression like yours should work, so I was wondering if you could post a bit more details about what's going on and perhaps a screen shot or two of your app design.

Here's are a couple example expressions that worked for me (along with their results):
=FILTER(a_Date_Sort, "a_Date_Sort[Day] > TODAY() ORDER BY a_Date_Sort[Day] ASC")
=FILTER(a_Date_Sort, "a_Date_Sort[Day] > TODAY() ORDER BY a_Date_Sort[Day] DESC")

I have my data in the following shape and will stay in the following shape. This is to measure competency in my team on various AWS skills and Certifications. How do I order by the rating (1-4 star) when it binds to a stacked list?

Hi @Krish, just wanted to clarify, are you attempting to see a list of each teammate with sorted skills based on what they are rated? E.g. Teammate X has 4 stars for Alexa Skill Builder (top of the list) while 1 star for Cloudwatch (bottom of the list)?

-OR-

Are you attempting to see a list of teammates from high to low ratings per skill. For example, for Alexa Skill Builder, teammate X has 4 stars (top of the list) while teammate Y has 1 star for Cloudwatch (bottom of the list)?

Hi @aj. I am attempting to see a list of teammates from high to low ratings per skill.

@Krish, thanks for the additional info. Column sorts today are handled perhaps a little bit differently than what I believe is proposed in the screen shot that you had shared. Specifically, we do not have the ability to sort on a column by column basis by clicking on the column header. However, I wanted to share a couple different approaches to consider that may achieve perhaps the same goal of seeing a list of teammates from high to low ratings per skill.

The first approach I had shared in another community post and you can find it here. Change Order By for Lists?. Basically what you'd have is a drop down which would include each team member twice, to sort ascending or descending. Let me know if you would like to further elaborate on this one.

The second approach is I think perhaps a bit cleaner of an experience for your use case. Here are the steps that I took to create a sample app.

1. Created 3 tables - Employees, Scale, and Skills. Here are the columns in my Employees table:

2. Then the Scale table:

3. Skills table:

The Count column in the Skills table has a formula of this: =FILTER(Employees,"Employees[Skill]=%",THISROW()) You'll see why the count matters in a minute.

1. In Builder, I have two screens, Home and Skills detail. The Home screen is quite simple to build. Here's how:

The list data source (above) is the Skills table. The list row has two content boxes with one data cell each in them: Skill which references =Name and count (number of employees with that skill) which references =Count.

1. The Skills detail screen has another list, but with the following properties (expression is =FILTER(Employees,"Employees[Skill]=% ORDER BY Employees[Rating] DESC",$[InputRow]))

And that should do it. Here's what Home looks like during app runtime:

All I have to do here is click on a skill and it will take me to the Skill Detail screen, which will show the team members who have that skill in a most to least rated order. Like below.

This approach is also very mobile friendly, allowing you to quickly and easily see employees per skill on the go.

While neither of these meet the exact design spec you had proposed above, hopefully they meet the goal of what you are trying to achieve!