PFR: Provide Check Boxs and Radio Button UI elements

For some UI layouts, having Check boxes or Radio button elements can help.
Right now, Radio button functionality can be provided by the picklist, but what is lacking is multi-select inside a pick list - which could return a list of rows or values selected in the picklist.

However, i still feel having separate Radio button selection and Check Box selection can improve UI layout.

7 Likes

Hi @sin.ak, @Kuppa, @Asar - thanks for sharing the feedback. Good suggestion here and after trying different methods I've come up short on producing some sort of multi-select check box or radio button as well. I've since logged the feature request with our product team for consideration. Please keep the ideas flowing in!

1 Like

Alright @sin.ak, @Kuppa, and @Asar - got some good news. Been discussing this with teammates and we have a decent/workable solution (albeit a workaround for now).

It's basically a many-to-many table model. In my example I have two tables - Items and Users.

For Multi Select:

In app builder there is a List object of the Items table with two Content Boxes and corresponding Data Cells (yes those are just emoji radio buttons, and yes they can be whatever else you'd like : ) :

The first Content Box has a set visibility of =ISERROR(FINDROW(Users,"Users[Name]=$[SYS_USER] AND Users[Fruits]=THISROW()"))

... with Automation to essentially add a record containing username and fruit (or whatever) to the Users table (since the user selected it).

The second Content Box has a set visibility of =NOT(ISERROR(FINDROW(Users,"Users[Name]=$[SYS_USER] AND Users[Fruits]=THISROW()")))

... with Automation to delete the record from the Users table =FINDROW(Users,"Users[Name]=$[SYS_USER] AND Users[Fruits]=$[Fruits_Column1]")

For Radio Button (Select one only):

Very similar setup except on the unselected radio button (or the first Content Box in this example), you will want to have two automations:

1. First clear all selected items by the user... =FILTER(Users,"Users[Name]=%", $[SYS_USER])
  2. Then add a record containing username and fruit (or whatever) to the Users table (since the user selected it)

And that should do it for you; web and mobile ready multi select / radio buttons!

4 Likes

Thanks for working on this & providing a workaround @aj - i'll try it out!

A post was split to a new topic: Radio buttons and toggles help