Radio buttons and checkboxes help

Does this still work? I don't get it to work

Hi @Philffer, welcome to the community! :honeybee:

Here are a couple of articles that show how to use radio buttons and checkboxes:

Hope those help, and let us know if you have any further questions. :slight_smile: :honey_pot:

Hey Alyssa,
thanks for the fast reply. The radio buttons work but the multi select does not work.

Hi @Philffer :honeybee:

Checkboxes allow you to make multiple selections of different values or items. Could you elaborate on what exactly is not working for your case? We're happy to help you out. :slight_smile:

Sure. So I have an table "Application" and an table "Comment". I want to choose multiple rows from the "Comment" table and save them in a new table "Application_Comments", which represents a many-to-many relation between the applications and comments. I can only choose one option from the selection of comments.

Hope this clarifies my use case

Hi @Philffer :honey_pot:

Got it, sounds like you may have had a field that was a rowlink (this feature only selects one row value for that field).

For an idea that uses checkboxes to select specified rows, you can set up an automation with on a button that writes specified rows if particular boxes are checked. This is how it would look:

Here's a table of comments you may want to add to application:

In Builder, I added a checkbox to represent each comment. On the button, there's an automation step for each check box, and in the Run Options of the step, I added a formula to checks if the box is selected (or TRUE). If it is true, it will write the comment to a table that associates the comment to an application:

This is the table that it writes to:

And in the table that stores the applications, you can create a filter for all of the comments associated to each application. Here's an example formula:

=FILTER(ApplicationComments,"ApplicationComments[Application]=Applications[Application ID]")

Hope that idea helps! :slight_smile: :honeybee: