Read data from REST API

Would it be nice if the Honeycode read data from a REST API.

12 Likes

Yes, yes it would.

+1

I could use full capability to call 3rd party APIs in order to access external data, do complex logic, use (and maintain control over) my own database, use my own authentication/user functionality, etc.

I currently use another low-code solution for front end and my own API for back-end, and it has been exactly what I needed. I'd much prefer to use an AWS native solution!

1 Like

Great One. Would love that.

+1 I think that this will become a very requested feature given the vast amount of API integration available everywhere nowadays!

Hi All - thanks for chiming in and sharing your ideas and recommendations around APIs. Rest assured, we are listening and taking note of every single one of these requests, and working with our product team accordingly. Please keep the suggestions coming in!

3 Likes

Yeah, I cannot +1 this one enough, Currently using excel workbooks + PowerQuery / Atlassian connector to populate sheets with data from Jira, works ok, but looks crappy and is hard to manage share...

This would ideal for honeycode, I could create small web apps that take care of every little bit of missing functionality from all the other tooling suppliers we use for our dev shop...

1 Like

+1 This would be super useful.

I rather would like to load a rest service create or update a table accordingly and work on that table.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi folks, thanks for joining the discussion. We'd love to gather more information from you on external integrations. Please take a moment to visit External Integrations - Share your feedback! and provide details around your use case. Thanks!

Hi @Alex-f00d @East-f0dc @JoeT-f567 @Alec @Davi-671f @Jens-591c @chri-eaeb

We're excited to announce integrations with Zapier and Amazon AppFlow, allowing you to connect your existing workflows and data sources with your Honeycode apps, plus new Honeycode APIs. For more details check out our Release Notes - December 2, 2020 :grinning:

Happy building! :hammer_and_wrench: