Real Time Data Port to Web App for ArcGIS Online

Hey everyone, new to Honeycode and not a programmer by trade; however, I do have a decent amount of programming experience. Mainly python programming for Civil 3D (Dynamo) and ArcGIS. I'm a Civil Engineer for the City of Kelso, WA, and I am looking at honeycode to combine and replace several software products across our departments. This includes work management for public works, permit tracking for our permit technician, timesheet management, vacation management, ect.

I believe the largest hurdle to creating a robust all in one solution for public work's work orders and our permit tracking includes a connection to arcgis online (I believe other public agencies would feel the same way).

Features required to accomplish this include:

• When a work order is being issued, a location needs to be assigned. (Like a location of a sewer break). Being able to click a button, be brought to a geographical view where you can drag a pin to a location (I am not experienced enough to recommend if this should be done by directly connecting an ArcGIS map service or with google maps/saving the coordinates and pushing to ArcGIS on confirmation), confirm location, and then be brought back to the application.

• When a certain table is updated (as in a work order is issued or a new permit is pending, submitted, ect), the new data is pushed to arcGIS online and appended in the feature layer data table. A button needs to be available to either switch applications to an ArcGIS Web App Builder with the new work order pins or a map viewer needs to be integrated into a tab of the honeycode application.

I am unsure of the technical hurdles for this kind of implementation but I see huge value in it. I will be reaching out to my arcGIS consultants over at FLO Analytics as well as my ArcGIS Engineer at ESRI regarding what would be required on the Honeycode end for an implementation of such a solution. I will be following up with any new information I find.

Warmest Regards,

Shaun

Hi @WrightEngineering (Shaun), and welcome to our community! Thank you for sharing a detailed view into your use case and the functionality you wish for Honeycode to have. I'll write up your feature request and include this information for our Product team to read through.

If other suggestions come to mind for your use case or needs, please continue to share them with us :honeybee:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @WrightEngineering, we're excited to announce integrations with Zapier and Amazon AppFlow, allowing you to connect your existing workflows and data sources with your Honeycode apps, plus new Honeycode APIs.

In case you missed it, more details can be found here! Release Notes - December 2, 2020

1 Like