Removing/hiding Global Navigation

Perhaps I'm missing something but I'm wondering if there's a way to either hide or remove the global navigation segment?

If I send a user to a different screen, perhaps as part of a workflow step or a screen dedicated to editing data, there's a good chance I would not want the user to have the ability to click the navigation buttons and leave my sequence I've created. On an Edit screen I could see a user entering updated data and then clicking on a navigation button before saving changes. Users would become frustrated if they lost their changes.

Sometimes screens require we lockdown the choices a user has.

Thank you

Rich

Hi @Rich-ccc4,

Good question, and I can see why you'd want to hide navigation buttons to other screens in that scenario. I'm happy to show you how to do this :slight_smile:

When you're in Builder, click on "App navigation", which is towards the top right of the screen. In the properties window, you can then click and drag the screens that you wish to either show or hide in the global navigation.

Let us know if that helps, and if you have any other questions around this. :honeybee:

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you for the reply.

I was aware of the ability to add/remove screens from the Global Nav area, or to change their order. However the Global Nav segment is quite helpful on many screens. But not wanted on others.

In my example I might want the Global Nav segment to show on many user screens. But there are screens where I'd like to control the visibility.

If I'm walking the user through a series of screens belonging to a workflow they could inadvertently click a Nav button and leave that workflow. It's important to avoid providing them with screen options that are harmful. Part of our job as system developers to try and keep users from bad choices.

A simple Display option for Visibility that exists on many other segments and objects would be very useful IMHO.

Thank you

Rich

Hi @Rich-ccc4,

Ah, got it, thank you for that clarity! I understand what you mean. :slight_smile:

I will pass this on to our team as a feature / improvement request to be able to hide or remove the global navigation entirely, and allow different visibility settings on each screen.

Thank you for this feedback, and let us know too if you think of anything else that would improve your experience in Honeycode. :honeybee:

Hi Alyssa,

I'm not sure my first post was completely clear.

Thanks for listening!

Best

Rich

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.