Report out through email

I'd like to build an app that concatenates cell contents into a readable report that populates to the body of an email text, preferably in a richtext or HTML format. Is here a way to do this?

Hi @Jeff-6ae9,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the community! :honeybee:

Yes, you’re able to create an email report that can include data from tables in your workbook or from variables.

You would do so using automations, either in Tables or Builder, and with the notify action.

Here’s one I set up in Tables to demonstrate this for you. It's an automation that is triggered when a due date is reached:

In the body of the email, you can write the message you'd like to send and call the desired data by using “=“ and writing the formula to point to that data. In mine, this is what it looks like:

Each of the green underlined text is a variable that I called by first typing "=":

And you can do that to call any data stored in your tables (i.e. you can use FINDROW() call to certain values in a row or call column names if already pointing to a row):

You are also able to link in the app to point the user to more details, in case there's more helpful info in the app that you may not specify in the email report:

Once you are done with the body of the email, publish the automation.

You can also do the same thing in Builder, if you’d like to send an email based on clicking a button:

Just select the notify action and follow the same steps of writing the email body and calling data in the tables or from variables. In Builder automations, you can call screen variables as well, which may be what you're looking for. (In Table automations, you can only call table data).

Hope this info helps! :slight_smile: Let us know if you have any further questions on this.