Reset main table and archive old data

• What’s your feature request?Reset main table data and archive old data

• What’s the problem that you’re looking to solve?I am building expense report and since I want to track the expense monthly, I need a way to push all the previous month data in another table and reset the main table for the next set of expenses.

• How are you/is your team currently blocked?Since I can’t archive and I don't see the option to duplicate the table, I had to duplicate the complete workbook which is bad and inefficient

Hi @Abhi-8048,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for your request! :slight_smile: :honeybee:

You can achieve what you'd like to do by simply adjusting your data model. For example, you can create a table of "Months" and another column in your "Expense" table to specify the month that an expense corresponds to.

Here's the new table to add months:

And here's a Month column in the "Expense" table that is formatted as a rowlink to the "Months" table:

Then in the app, you can display a list and filter to only the expense data of a selected month.

I created a list of the Expenses table, and using the Filter and Sort features, I specified for app users to be able to filter the list by a selected month:

Here's how it looks in the app. You can select which month's expenses you'd like to view:

This method allows you to retain or "archive" the data of previous months in the tables, and you can control in the app which data displays for the users.

Let us know if that idea helps! :honey_pot:

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.