Show us your apps!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Public Apps

Sure. Thank you Taylor.

1 Like

I would like to explore this app. Is it available as web app? How can access this web app?

I created a few screens for "On the go study". User can browse through questions already loaded to the worksheet, with previous , next , show answer functionality.
The idea was to learn how honeycode works and what it supports. It took just a few hours to learn and complete. Amazing tool.
And the learning continues...

3 Likes

Welcome to our community, @Vaijayanti! It's great to see you've already jumped right into building--and look at all of those screens! Excited to hear more about your builder journey. Happy Honeycoding :honeybee:

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: How to add emoji

Hi @Taylor,

Saw this post a bit late but wanted to share my app. I built this app within 24 hours after you guys launched Honeycode, it came in the right moment as I was looking for an inventory management tool for a small business that was selling face masks. I actually built it in Spanish as the client is in Colombia and Miami. They can see the inventory, modify it, create orders, see the status, close orders and see closed orders. Client has been working with the app and they love it as it allows them to add/edit orders on the fly no matter where they are by using their phones.

4 Likes

We're at the stage of just figuring out how to use Honeycode. We decided to port a personal application that was originally done in Linux/Apache/MySql/Php back around 2005.

It's a fairly sophisticated List Manager. It contains a permanent table of Items, each of which can have a variety of attributes - cost, weight, descriptions, sources, and so on as well as and associated image.

Users can create new lists from scratch, or make a copy of a template. Lists can be private or shared.

Each list has specific attributes. It may be a simple yes/no list like a todo or shopping list, or it may provide a more complex sequence of steps for each item. For example, our trip packing sequence has three steps:

• Located - we know where the item is, and we don't have to search for it or buy it.
  • Ready - It's clean, fueled, charged or otherwise good to go.
  • Packed - It's in the car.

When an item is added to a list, there's information specific to that item only in relation to that specific list, so there's an extra table to carry that information. That information includes status, quantity, owner (who's responsible for it if it's a shared list) and so on.

We have a subset of screens and functionality built in Honeycode at this point. We have a screen to select a specific list, a screen to display and manage items on the selected list, and a screen to add an item to the selected list. We're working through the process if finding what limitations are us vs. Honeycode, but it's coming along pretty well.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing, @ponchadoml! 24-hours for your first app is pretty good considering mine took a week :sweat_smile: It's also great to hear Honeycode came around at the right time and allowed you to build an inventory management tool for a notable cause.

Keep up the great work, and continue to bring us along on your builder journey! :honeybee:

1 Like

Hi @Mr-Bill! First off, it's encouraging to hear you were able to resurrect a personal app back from 2005 and recreate in Honeycode. It sounds as though your app is fairly versatile and I'd be interested to know how large your team is that's using it.

Do continue to give us insight into your builder journey, and let us know how we can help along the way :smiley: :honeybee:

Thanks for sharing!

The 'team' that has been using the web version is my extended family, friends, and such. Most use it only for special events (a joint trip, for instance) or for things that are too complicated for a simple shopping list app. The current Honeycode license model does not fit this use pattern very well - no one will pay $120 a year for a personal application that they use infrequently.

We have a few business applications in mind that might fit the Honeycode license model a bit better, but we won't work on those until we're more comfortable with the platform.

1 Like

Sounds good @Mr-Bill! Keep us posted on how you progress and let us know if there's anything we can do to help with the comfortability of the product!

Hello,

I have created a Sales Opportunity tracking app for a fictional electrics firm. This is based on a process I'm working on at the moment, although I haven't convinced my client to go down the No-Code route just yet.

The app allows the user to manage data pertaining to people, products, customers and new opportunities. It also has some cross-table calculations to provide a quote for a new solution based on the number of sites a customer has, as well as showing total business done with a particular customer.

Next step, find a client who's interested!

Thanks
Matt

Moderator note: Edited out personal information from images.

3 Likes

This is great, @Matt_BicycleBook! Your screens are polished and I like the blue.

How large is your team that will be or is using this app? Have you added any automations to it as well?

Thanks for sharing :smiley: :honeybee:

Hi @Taylor,

Sadly for now it's just a practice run. It is based on a real-life process I've been working on, but my client is going through a merger atm so not looking to adopt a new tech platform.

Actually this raises another question, maybe for a different thread, but do you receive requests for developers directly? I'm building my portfolio and would be keen to work on new projects if any crop up.

Thanks,
Matt

1 Like

On the automations question, yes. There are automations to generate a number ID for People, Products, Customers and Opportunities whenever a new one is added. I've described them in another post:

1 Like

Hi @Matt_BicycleBook, regarding your question of receiving requests for developers directly, coincidentally, @jeff-b4cb just posted this yesterday. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@aj Great thanks!

1 Like

@Matt_BicycleBook
your inventory app looks good.